photo LFD-header_zpsrtqgwepm.png
 photo home_zpsbeyvjzpc.png  photo story_zpsryll93pv.png  photo church_zpsutjg0pcs.png  photo vintage_zpsrnxzz1s4.png  photo mosaics_zpslhx9tjaj.png  photo gallery_zpsrtj0zvcz.png

Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Stitch Fix #9

I've been participating with a Stitch fix group on Facebook, and by participate, I mean: I look at the pictures of other things people have gotten.  I have learned that you can sneak a peek at what you are getting as soon as you get the tracking information.  I decided that I like being surprised though, and I did NOT look ahead of time, but I thought you, dear reader, might like to know about this little trick.  Also, looking at the group pictures makes it really obvious that my stylist really does work hard. Her choices for me obviously take into account my many quirks, preferences and hang-ups!

I'm not feeling nearly as many holes in my wardrobe these days, so I mentioned to my stylist that I have two events coming up:  An Art opening at Heartwood Gallery on August 22 and our 19th anniversary.  I actually told her it was our 18th because I can't quite wrap my head around the fact that it's almost 20 years that we've been married and that seems impossible.  I mean, we're just kids! We have an infant!  And, oh yeah... a nearly 16 year old...

Donna Morgan Ashlyn Dress


This is the first thing I put on from the box.  I would never in a million years pick this dress off the rack for myself.  But when I put it on, I felt amazing. The way it drapes and the pattern really keep the eye from settling on any problem areas. It's comfortable and easy to move in, and it would be appropriate for so many occasions, not just date night.  This is a clear winner. 


Papermoon Shepherd Crochet Dress


















When I saw this dress, I loved it, but I was afraid it would be too small on me.  A knit lining makes it very forgiving and I really love it.  I can see it styled in so many ways and I tried out several right away.  Too bad it is summer in Arkansas so even in air conditioning, it is sweltering hot.  I don't think the beads of sweat dripping off my nose really sell the look,  so you don't get to see it with the dark tights and boots I tried it with.  But I will show it with the inevitable cardigan...because I will probably never get rid of my inner librarian.  

























Sweet Rain Rochford Button Down Blouse
This is such a pretty top and a floral I can live with!  My husband took one look at it and said, "That is so you!" I don't really need more tops at this point, but maybe just this last one....until winter!



























Kut from the Kloth Kate Distressed Boyfriend Jean

I was surprised by another pair of jeans, but these are a clear win.  I like the wash, the cut and the fit.   The only thing that has be concerned now is that I seem to be a bit between sizes. These felt great the first time I put them on, but then felt a little big the next time I put them on.  So it might be time to size down, but I'm not sure.  I kind of wish I had both sizes to compare at this point. 
















Market and Spruce Emma Maxi Skirt
I also mentioned to my stylist that I needed some more bottoms: skirts, shorts, etc.  So she sent this maxi skirt.  I'd never tried a maxi skirt before and I was definitely game for it. It fits and it is really well made, but I realized right away that I do NOT like maxi skirts on me.  All I see is fundamentalist modesty style. This is a look that has too much emotional baggage for me. I do enjoy wearing skirts for the freedom of movement; I walk fast and take big steps but this was just too much fabric around my legs.  I kept it because the discount on buying all five items more than paid for it, but I would like to sell this piece ($45 dollars with shipping).  I can also see in the pictures that brighter colors can be good on me, but I don't think I like cobalt blue; it's just too close to purple for me.  So add that to the list of quirks, I guess!

Hooray for Amanda! Hooray for Stitch Fix!  Try it out and use my code: https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/4519894

1 comment:

DRice said...

Thank you for the review. I received the crochet dress yesterday so I was looking for how others were wearing it. By the way, I think the mzxi skirt looks so cute on you.

Donna

Blogging tips